Summary of the Position: Operation of equipment to produce products to meet business needs. Equipment includes but not limited to injection mold, hot extrusion, labeler etc.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible ensuring area equipment is free of unneeded product.
- Responsible for sanitizing machine and contact surfaces before use and cleaning at the end of production is complete.
- Responsible for loading materials into hoppers during the production process.
- Ensure that the maintenance team is communicated with if there are issues with the machine.
- Responsible machine for set-up per specification on the Batch Record and complete any checklists required.
- Responsible for all required paperwork including the Batch Records, logs, forms and other documents in the area that are required per the product running in accordance with GDP
- Responsible for setting, monitoring, and making necessary adjustments during the production process.
- Responsible for verifying metal detectors and documents into the metal detection verification log as necessary.
- Responsible for ensuring that all guards are in place during the production process.
- Double checks packaging material and product for accuracy before and during production.
- Ability to perform all General Labor Duties.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Responsible for weighing and verifying weighed raw materials.
- Assist the lead of weigh area in verifying raw material in the Storage Area.
- Responsible for transferring Raw Materials to the Weigh Area
- Responsible for setting up pallets of weighed batches per Batch Records
- Assist to transfer the weighed batches to the appropriate staging area
- Verifying all the weighed raw materials in the mix room area.
- Assist in the mixing process of all dry powders.
- Assist in the packaging and labeling of the finished good products.
- Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs and repetitious motion.
- Ability to read and write in English and basic math skills.
- Ability to work in various temperature ranges.
- Proficient in weigh room, dry mix or operating all machines in two separate departments.
- Legible handwriting skills
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or GED is required.
- Previous experience in a factory or warehouse setting is preferred.